As well as grants for residence at Mojacar, which are awarded monthly, and annual or biennial Prizes across various branches of art and culture, the Valparaiso Foundation organises cultural events such as exhibitions, concerts, conferences and the like. These include:
- A piano concert by NANCY LEE HARPER, in September 1995.
- An exhibition of drawings and watercolours of bulls by PAUL BECKETT in November 1997 and another in Denmark at the Brondum Gallery.
- A guitar concert by STEPHEN DICK, 1996.
- An exhibition of paintings by FRITZ MOONEY in February 1997.
- An exhibition of paintings by EMILIO MORALES in March1997.
- A Psalter concert by BEGOÑA OLAVIDE and CARLOS PANIAGUA in March 1997.
- An exhibition of drawings, watercolours and oil paintings by GREGORIO ORTIGOSA in August 1997.
- An exhibition of photographs by ALFREDO CRESPO in October 1997.
- An exhibition of paintings by JAMES WARD in November 1998.
- A painting and sculpture exhibition by FREDERIQUE EDY and THOMAS NEUKIRCH in April 2000.
- EAn exhibition of paintings and lithographs by EMMANUELLE AUSSEDAT in April 2002.
- An exhibition of paintings and collages by ANA BELLIDO in October 2002.
- An exhibition of paintings by FINN HAVE in October 2003.
- An exhibition of collages and engravings by PETER HAUBRO in April 2005.
- A portrait exhibition by PAUL BECKETT in May 2005.
- An exhibition of paintings by CORAZON WATKINS in May 2006.
- An exhibition of animal drawings by PAUL BECKETT in October 2006.
In 1999 the Valparaiso Foundation awarded the Plastic Arts Prize to the Aragonese sculptor and plastic artist Fernando Sinaga. The prize was worth 1,500,000 pesetas and was selected by a jury comprising José Girao, Director of the Reina Sofía Museum, and Juan Antonio Gómez Angulo, Deputy Mayor of Madrid, and was chaired by the art critic Fernando de Castro.
The Valparaiso Foundation has also awarded other prizes during the last decade, such as the VALPARAISO FOUNDATION PRIZE FOR PAINTING for students of the Fine Arts Faculty at the Complutense University of Madrid, which was awarded for ten consecutive years (2000 to 2009). The Foundation also sponsored the A.E.O.S (Spanish Association of Symphonic Orchestras) MUSICAL COMPOSITION AWARD held biennially, in the years 2000/2001, 2002/2003, 2004/2005 and 2006/2007.
> “Valparaiso Foundation” Painting Prize
> Musical Composition Award